Monday, July 14, 2008

Meal Plan July 14th - 22nd



I have finally figured out that doing meal plans on
Monday just not working for us. So going to try and
switch things up and see how doing it a differant day
of the week works for us. So this week is going to be Monday - Tuesday.
Hoping it will smooth things out for us.


I have not been feeling the greatest the last few days.
An in all honesty it doesn't look like I will be anytime soon either.
My legs have been killing me off an on for days,
I have Lymphedema for those of you who don't know.
So I think this week we might be having alot of comfort foods.
I think everyone needs to have them once in awhile.


A friend of mine at the flea market yesterday gave us a HUGE head of cabbage
from her garden, and 2 very large Zucchini.
So going to try and use them up this week too. An I have to go shopping
for some more fruit and veggies. As you will see the menu looks awful spars
of fruit and veggies. But I will change that once I see what is on sale and what I buy.


Also I am not going to be planning Lunchs,
as they never seem to go as planned. We normally have leftovers,
or whatever we make from the pantry or fridge.

Here's our menu plan for the week. For more meal plan ideas,
visit Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie.

Monday: Pancakes, Sausage, scrambled eggs


Tuesday: Haluski (Cabbage, Pasta & Bacon)


Wednesday: Grilled Cheese & Turkey Sandwhichs & Tomatoe Soup


Thursday: Mini Grands Pizzas & Salad


Friday: Creamy Chicken with Stuffing & Veggies


Saturday: Crock Pot Potato Chowder (Didn't make it last week as planned)


Sunday: Tuna Sandwhichs & Pasta Salad (Make on Saturday night)


Monday: Pasta, Jarred Sauce, Garlic Bread & Salad


Tuesday: Crockpot Chicken with Rice




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Haluski sounds absolutely delicious! I love, love, love cabbage!

Have a wonderful week, and I hope you are feeling better soon! I know that lymphedema can be very troublesome. Blessings,

the (not so) frugal domestic goddess,

Sherry

Robin said...

Feel better.

My menu planning day changes with what's happening in life. Right now we are getting CSA veggies on Mondays so it's a good day to figure out how to incorporate them into our meals.

Have a yummy week.

Mary Ellen said...

Hope you feel better soon! Take it easy and rest up :)